Monday, June 13, 2011

Am I Wrong???

 So here I am, sitting at my computer, working and multi-tasking like crazy...I take a quick break to check Facebook, Twitter, and I hit one of my news sites and the headlines tell me that Weiner hasn't resigned, but he has been granted a two week paid leave of absence from the House.  Ummm, wait...two week PAID leave???

So my question is this...am I wrong to be more than a bit upset that this guy, who through his own very bad judgement and stupidity got himself into a situation when his private life is now splashed across every newspaper and news-related website in the country, is now being given a 2 week paid vacation, courtesy of the US Taxpayers?  So my tax dollars, are paying for this man (and I use that term loosely since his actions resemble a 15 year old boy rather than a grown man), to "seek treatment" and deal with his pregnant wife, all because he was a jackhole and decided to send "lewd" photographs of himself to young women and teenage girls?

In today's economy, when so many people are getting by with smaller incomes, less benefits, higher expenses, etc...what does this do for the morale of the country?  What type of example does this set for the "impressionable age" kids out there, who are seeing the poor behavior of Weiner and so many others, but not seeing any real consequences?

I know there is an argument to be made for "vacation time" and all that, but...given the large amount of perks these guys already get, and the way so many of them seem to abuse them, should we really be adding to the list with this kind of "kid glove" treatment?  I'm certainly not for anyone to act as judge and jury, but it seems that the best thing for Weiner would be to have to face the consequences of his actions, and take full responsibility, rather than a vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment