Monday, June 20, 2011

Patience

I know they say that patience is a virtue, however I'm fairly sure I was not present the day they handed it out in prior to being born (I was probably reading a book or something), and if it was taught in school, I'm 100% sure I was absent that day.  I am one of the most impatient people I know.  It's not something I like, I would much rather be one of those people, like my husband, who can just sit back and let things happen on their own time.  But instead, I spend my time pushing and prodding and thinking and stressing and planning for things that haven't happened yet.  When I order something online and get the tracking number, I stalk the package until it shows up on my doorstep.  When it's something really exciting like a new phone or purse, or something super cute for Harper, I drive my family crazy saying "is that the UPS man" with every "truck" sound I hear outside. 

After talking to my amazingly sweet and supportive husband tonight, I've decided that I want to take a leave of absence from work.  I have some family issues going on, and with the timing, we also want to put more time and effort into making this whole inter-webs store thing work.  I have SO many ideas, some of which I already have working plans for, others I need to actually get on paper and figure out how to make them work.  It will be kind of tough financially, and if it wasn't for the family issues, it wouldn't be happening at all, but we both feel like we have a good idea here and it would be better to say "we gave it our all" than to look back and say "maybe if we'd put more time into it".  My end goal is to be able to leave my job permanently by 1/1/12...that is what we are working toward, but for now I'm hoping to have 3 months to really dedicate myself to my family and to my store (maybe stores...hint hint) and see if we can make this work. 

I'm nervous, and excited, and so impatient!  I emailed my boss tonight and asked him if what I'd like to do is possible, and now I'm going crazy waiting for him to reply...  I literally have butterflies in my tummy because it's all hanging on what he says and I hate not knowing.  Did I mention I'm impatient?  So for now, I have to force myself to wait and put all the plans into action. 

Did I mention I hate waiting???

No comments:

Post a Comment