Sunday, July 31, 2011

Summer is over, and a new DIY Project!

Hello everyone...and by everyone I mean the few wonderful people that actually read my blog!  :)   Hopefully that number will begin to grow since summer is pretty much over, and I'll be able to focus on growing my businesses and this blog.  I cannot believe how fast the past few months went by...my son will be starting 8th grade in just 2 weeks, and my little baby girl is already 18 months old!  I have loved this summer, spending time with them, but it's also had its share of drama...so I think I'm ready for it to be over, and to move forward.  Even though my son is homeschooled, we are doing a Cyber Academy this year, which means less work for me, and more responsibility for him.  Fingers and toes are crossed that everything clicks and he finally realizes how amazingly intelligent he is! 

So...I mentioned a new DIY project in my title...and I will not disappoint my readers!  I was on Facebook yesterday, as I frequently am, and a friend of mine from college who I've reconnected with posted a gorgeous new desk she had, and it turns out - it's repurposed!!!  She inherited a piece of beautiful (and heavy) marble, purchased 2 filing cabinets, which she told me were on sale (even better!), and VOILA...


I love how this turned out!  And when I commented on the chair, she told me she had found that at a junk store!  Perfection!!!!  What a great idea on how to use that piece of marble!  Oh, and Kristy - I love that paint color and the round rug as well  :) 

That's all for tonight, but I promise now that we are getting into more of a routine, that I'll be blogging more frequently...and look for new posts on my other site, http://www.so-sew-cute.com/!  It's a new site I'm super excited about - go check it out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment